B2B Sales Intern
We’re looking for a Sales Intern to join us as one of the first members to work hand in hand with founders Pierre and Miguel. The goal is not to make us founders happy, but to solve problems for customers and accelerate our journey.
Becoming a Sales Intern at Aparkalo is a unique opportunity to jump with both feet into the startups world and gain first-hand, real-world experience in what it takes to start and grow a business.
Ready to be part of the challenge?
This position is in-person and based in Madrid. It is an internship which can last from 4 to 12 months.
What you’ll be doing
You will be a pioneer in this new market, helping us do whatever it takes to achieve the ambitious goals we have for 2022 and 2023. The Business-to-Business (B2B) Sales Intern will complete all tasks assigned by the founders, which may include:
- Conducting market research, identify problems, carry out analysis, design solutions and execute them.
- Get out on the street and make cold calls/emails, often on your own, to find and identify offer and demand business opportunities (we’re a parking spaces marketplace company after all).
- Generating sales leads and liaising with clients on behalf of the founders.
- Updating documents and managing the Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Keeping a log of everything learned and delivering that knowledge to the founders and other stakeholders.
- Assisting the founders across various marketing and sales topics wherever possible.
- Native Spanish: our core market is Spain and we talk to users daily. You are fluent in English.
- Final year of a bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferred fields are Marketing and Business.
- You can work 40 hours per week (Mon-Fri, with flexibility according to your academic schedule) and start asap.
- A strong bias for action, and a love for finding solutions, flexibility to adapt to different situations and seeking to deliver impactful results.
- You understand and take ownership of the importance of your role. You will not be just another employee, your efforts and ideas will have a direct impact on Aparkalo’s success.
- A first college side-business professional/entrepreneurial experience is a plus.
- Being able to sign an internship agreement with your University is a plus.
- Driving license is a plus.
Perks of being part of our team
- Real possibilities to continue with us once the internship is over, facilitating the development of your professional career.
- Total flexibility to be able to reconcile the internship with your studies. It’s important that you get a degree! 🕑
- Breakfast in the office, fruit and free caffeine and theine.
- No dress code!
- Daily lunch allocation when you get out on the street.
- You can enjoy days of free disposal. You also deserve a break!
Aparkalo is a business-to-business marketplace for long term monthly rental of parking spaces for companies and their employees.
Usage of private parking spaces is changing overnight. On the one hand, there is lot of people who still go to the office by car and often rely on off-street parking because they don’t have allocated parking space in their office building. In addition, companies are struggling to attract workers to the office and retain talent since the traditional allocation of corporate parking space is non-flexible and based on seniority. On the other hand, there are a lot of empty or vacant parking spaces in private parkings such as residential buildings, office buildings, hotels, supermarkets, …
Aparkalo was founded in August 2022 by Pierre Brechard (Tech & Operations) and Miguel González-Gallarza (Business & Sales) as a B2B marketplace where companies can offer and demand parking spaces that were previously not in the market in order to optimize the existing parking space and provide a solution to fix corporate mobility and make it into a talent retention lever.
Think of Aparkalo as “Spotahome meets Cobee for parking spaces”.
Learn more about us and what we’re looking for
- Aparkalo’s mission to reinvent parking spaces for the new workplace
- Follow us on social media (LinkedIn, Twitter) to be in touch with our progress
- Content that inspire us: The Hard Thing about Hard Things, Mission Blablacar, Bliztscaling Stanford course, The Mom Test
What you can expect from the assessment & interview process
We want to keep the process flexible, most of what we’re looking for can’t be measured in a standardized test. In addition, the matching process works both ways: we’re choosing you as much as you’re choosing to work with us, so let’s make sure it’s a good fit:
- Short interview with one of the Co-Founders to validate functional and cultural fit.
- Business case including hands-on tasks to make sure you know what you’re signing up for and we know you’ll be up for the challenge.
- Final interview with both founders.
Thank you for considering joining us on this journey!